Wednesday 11 May 2011

Evaluation: How did you use new media technologies in the construction, reasearch, planning and evaluation stages? (Part One)

Throughout this whole course, Blogger has been the main media technology that I have used. It is simple to use and has been a good website to log all of the work that I have done over the year, from research to analysing other products to uploading my own products and pictures. 


It was difficult to find a time to book out a camera and tripod for the same weekend that we were meeting up with the boys to film the music video. Therefore we decided to use Manals own camcorder and tripod to film the scenes.
We used the tripod for the performance scenes that we filmed at The Charles Ground Football Club, this was because the boys where performing live and we didn't want the camera work to be shaky. We also thought that there was more risk of us being pushed and breaking the camera if it was hand held.
However, for the narrative scenes in The Magnet Pub we decided the not use the tripod as we thought it would seem more realistic if the camera was a little shaky, and these scenes would look like the boys where being watched.
I really enjoyed using the camcorder, however I think that if we had used a professional HD camcorder than the scenes at the gig would have looked a lot sharper and not as pixelated.

I used my own digital camera to take photographs of both the band and the locations. Although my camera isn't a high-tech professional camera, I am pleased with all of the photographs that I took of the band.


No comments:

Post a Comment