Tuesday 21 September 2010

What is a Digipak?

As a part of my coursework I will have to make a cover for the release of an album as a part of a digipak (CD/DVD package).
I wasn't to sure what a digipak was, so in order to help me understand what I had to create, I used the internet to do a little research into it;

  • A digipak is a style of CD or DVD packaging.
  • They typically consist of a book-style paperboard or card stock outer binding, with one or two trays that are able to hold a CD or DVD attached to the inside.
  • They contain aspects such as photo's of the band, lyrics, any other information on the band, and sometimes a message from them.

The presentation of my digipak needs to represent the band as artists, as well as the genre of their music. It will also need to interest the buyer by being eye-catching and rememberable.

No comments:

Post a Comment